5 Crucial Steps for Maintaining Your Plumbing System
Plumbing Maintenance Tips Everyone Should Know:
Many times, people don’t realize how important their plumbing system is to them until something fails. With proper plumbing maintenance and understanding, homeowners should be able to spot small plumbing problems before they become major issues.
5 Steps for Maintaining Your Plumbing System:
- Know a problem when you see it! Be alert to signs of plumbing failures such as: Leaking faucets, damp walls, puddles, rocking toilets, dripping refrigerators, etc. All of these signal issues that need immediate attention. If you’ve experienced a plumbing failure, contact us, and we will be there to help.
- Know where the sewer valve and main water valve are located! Knowing the location of these two valves are crucial! During an emergency, you don’t want to waste the time trying to find where these are located. Knowing in advance will allow you to turn them off immediately, preventing further damage.
- Keep plumbing systems safe in colder months! Freezing pipes can create an immediate household emergency. Frozen water expands and therefore cracks pipes. When the location begins to thaw, the cracks allows for a flood. There are a few steps you can take to prevent frozen pipes: insulate, open cabinets and let water drip from faucets. If you’ve experienced frozen pipes, contact us and we will be there for immediate assistance.
- Avoid chemical drain-clearing products! Be careful with what you let go down your drains. However, if you do encounter a clog, do NOT use chemical-filled drain-clearing products. These products typically do more harm than good. For example, they can actually erode cast-iron pipes. Not only can they cause more damage, they usually don’t remove the entire clog anyways, thus, causing you use the chemicals again and again, while eating at the pipes repeatedly. We are equipped to clear your clog without using harsh chemicals or causing any damage to your plumbing system.
- Soften that water! Water softening is a means of removing the concentration of calcium and magnesium minerals in your water, making it a better experience for you, your pipes and your appliances! Find out more about water softening options HERE
We can help you maintain your system!
Showing your plumbing a little attention can prolong its life, prevent disasters and avoid major emergency repairs. By following the steps above, you’ll prolong the life of your plumbing system. If you are looking for great plumbing services in the Atlanta, Georgia metro area, contact A-Plus Priority Plumbing. Our emergency services are available 24/7. Contact a A-Plus Priority Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Tags: diy ,diy plumbing ,DIY plumbing safety ,home plumbing ,home plumbing maintenance ,home plumbing repair ,home plumbing repair safety ,home plumbing safety ,plumbing ,plumbing hazards ,plumbing maintenance ,plumbing preparation ,plumbing problems ,plumbing repair ,plumbing safety