Keeping Drains Clear Prevents Clogs!
Keeping drains clean and clear of foreign debris is important for your plumbing system. Some drains will need to be checked regularly, ie. a bathtub, where hair usually becomes a problem. However, drains can become clogged very easily, and debris should never be dumped down them. A drain is not a trash bin.
4 Easy Steps for Keeping Drains Clear and Clog-Free
- Clean Your Drains- Cleaning your drains is a proactive approach in preventing a clogged one. We recommend you rid your drains of hair and debris once a week.
- Purchase Drain Covers- Drain covers are a very inexpensive, yet effective way of preventing hair, food and other debris from going down and clogging a drain.
- Don’t Put Stuff Down the Drain- Just don’t do it! If you have any doubt whether or not it shouldn’t go down the drain, find another method to get rid of it. Here are some items that should never make their way down your drains:
- Grease, fats, & cooking oils
- Coffee grounds and tea bags
- Feminine Products
- Cigarette butts
- Fabric softener
- Cat litter
- Bones and egg shells
- Pasta, rice, & breads .
- Label Stickers
- Baby wipes
- Invest in a garbage disposal- It keeps the drain clear of food scraps. No big pieces of food means no clogged pipes. Check out our page on Garbage Disposals HERE for more information.
Clean Drains Reduces Clogs
Following the above steps will aid in keeping your drains clear. However, sometimes drains do still clog. If you are experiencing a clogged pipe, don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance to get things back in order for you.